This is the perfect time to tend to your garden or build some if you currently have none. There are just many benefits that greens and flowers give you and your property. It improves the curb appeal and it also provides a nice feeling and sight to anyone surrounded by it. You can even help the environment and ecosystem by providing a palace for bees whose population has been reported declining.
Of course, if you don’t have the luxury of time, you may opt for professional residential landscaping services and give them yourself some time and convenience to rest while they do the work for you. However, if you want to tend to your garden by yourself, we give you some tips that will help you garden and flowers bloom this season.
1.Test the soil – make sure that your soil contains the correct amount of nutrients and pH. You can do this by going to the state’s local agricultural extension office and have them test your soil. You can also ask this from a landscape service company.
2. Inspect your shrubs and trees – Your shrubs and trees need regular pruning to make sure that all of the infected or sick branches and parts are removed to avoid spreading the disease to the other parts of the trees or plants. Also, the cut leaves and branches will serve as an organic fertilizer to your plants.
3. Fertilize your plants and trees – when you want to apply for fertilizer, there are things you need to consider. First, determine what your soil needs. Second, ascertain the fertilizer’s effectiveness. Third, opt for a controlled-release fertilizer and use organic as much as possible. Fourth, always spread the fertilizer’s bag and follow all the instructions to avoid some issues or problems.
4. Control the weeds and the mushrooms – the weeds and the mushrooms obtain the nutrients form the plants, making them weaker and weaker until they die.
5. Put some mulch – put some layer of mulch around trees and plant beds. You can have it an inch at most, and avoid putting too much as it blocks the sun and the air to get into the soil and roots. Mulch is good to make the plants and trees keep insulated despite summer and extreme heat.
6. Always check your irrigation system – water is an important element for your plants and trees. Without it, your plants will definitely succumb to death. This is why it is very important to check your irrigation system especially when it is summer and overly heated. You can ask for some advice and help from the landscape service company.
There are still many things you can do to make your plants and trees healthy in different seasons. Of course, it needs some time, effort, and some expenses for the materials and the tools you would be using. If you do not like to spend some time and it makes you feel inconvenient, there are several company services that can help you with it.